SPECIAL NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: The Association of Port Stanley Artists are currently monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will adhere to all Health & Government Officials decisions on Community Events in our area. Any schedule changes for the 'Off The Wall Art Show,' July 12, 2020, will be posted on our website and FB pages.
NOTE: This 'Call To Artists' page outlines the Art Show application process, but the OTW Team will not be selecting the Artists to participate until further notice. All applicants will receive an email regarding their status as the situation allows.
Should you have any questions regarding our upcoming event, please use the Contact Page of this website.
The OTW Art Show Team
The CALL FOR ARTISTS for
the 6TH ANNUAL 'OFF THE WALL ART SHOW' on JULY 12, 2020
will be open from
Feb. 1 through March 31, 2020
PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES AND
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS 1 THROUGH 8 BEFORE EMAILING YOUR
INFO AND IMAGES
OTW ART SHOW INFO & GUIDELINES - The Association of Port Stanley Artists (APSA) will be accepting image submissions from Artists who wish to participate in the “OFF THE WALL ART SHOW” JULY 12, 2020 FROM 11 AM TO 6 PM at the Masonic Centre of Elgin, 42703 Fruit Ridge Line, St. Thomas, Ontario. This a one-day-only, rain or shine event.
~ To continue our Annual Celebration of Art, Food & Fun in Elgin County.
~ To bring a Community of Local and Regional Artists together to feature Original Art for Sale.
~ To provide a new and exciting forum for Artists to share ideas.
~ To bring Fine Art in its many forms to diverse patrons in Elgin County and beyond.
ACCEPTED ART MEDIUMS - Mediums include Original works of: Acrylic & Oil Painting, Watercolour, Mixed Media (2 and 3D), Photography, Glass Work, Metal, Stone or Woodworking, Clay, Pottery, Ceramics, Textiles, Graphite Pencil, Steampunk Design, Sculpture and Original Jewelry. All works must be for sale by the participating Artist. (We advertise as Original work for Sale ~ sorry, no crafters or store vendors). If you are unsure if your medium will be accepted, please email us to check.
ART DISPLAY SPACES - We offer indoor spaces and outdoor spaces. Indoors, Artists have the opportunity to utilize a 10x10 foot space OR Outdoors, Artists may bring their own individual 10x10 foot pop-up style Art tents that can be set up on the grassy grounds of the Masonic property, along Sunset and Fruit Ridge Line. Artists outdoors would need to bring their own Art tents. Selected Artists in Individual 10x10 foot Art tents have the option of sharing their tent with 1 other Selected Artist.
REGISTRATION - After Artists have been selected, registration will commence the first week in April. All selected participating Artists are required to pay a one-time-only Registration payment of $50. All Artists whether sharing or not will be required to apply separately. No Commission on sales will be taken. Registration payments are non-refundable as all money collected is used for Advertising the Event.
NOTE ABOUT ORIGINALITY - All Artists selected for this event are required to display their own one-of-a-kind work for sale ~ no Editions please. Art Cards / Postcards are the exception. En Plein Air Painting as well as Artist's Demonstrations and Installations are welcome.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JULY 12, 2020 OTW Art Show:
1. To apply, add this address to your own email contacts list: firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your name, address, phone number and all of the following info & images to this email address.
2. All applicants must be over the age of 18. Please submit 3 jpeg images (size 1024 x 768 pixels at 72 dpi) of recent work that reflect the style you'd be displaying at the Art Show. We may use these images in our promotional material or for online advertising.
3. Include the title, size, medium and approximate price of each artwork image submitted.
4. New Applicants to an OTW event - send a brief Bio about your art background and how you heard about us.
5. REQUEST ONE of the following art display options:
- I request a space Outdoors and have my own pop-up Individual Art Tent.
- I request a space Outdoors and would share my own tent with another Artist.
- I do not have my own Art Tent, but I am looking to share one with another Artist outdoors.
- I request an individual Art display space Indoors.
6. A Selection Committee will make the final decisions on the Artists acceptance to participate in the OTW event during the first week of April. All applicants will receive a reply.
7. Once Selected to participate, you will be notified during the 1st week of April with further instructions on how to register for admission to the July 12, 2020 OTW Art Show, and to make your one-time, non-refundable payment of $50 (per OTW Event).
8. Type 'OTW Application' in the subject line of your email. SPECIAL NOTICE: DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, THE CALL FOR ARTISTS WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THEIR PARTICIPATION STATUS DEPENDING ON THE DIRECTION OF HEALTH & GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS IN THE COMING DAYS. Your email is your Application ~ there is no separate Application Form.
NOTE: You must have (or have access to) a current email address as all communications for the Off The Wall Art Show are done electronically = )
Thank you for your interest & Let's Make It Happen!
The OTW Art Show Admin Team
OTW Website: offthewallartshow.com
NOTE TO SELECTED ARTISTS THAT HAVE REGISTERED - YOUR NAME / LOCATION AND MEDIUM WILL BE POSTED TO THIS WEBSITE ON THE 'PARTICIPATING ARTISTS' PAGE. PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU.